Happy Thursday evening! That means the weekend is in sight, y’all. If we were seafaring folks back in the days of Columbus and his ilk, I’d be the chick standing on the deck of a ship yelling “Weekend ahoy!”
*Snaps back into reality*
I have no idea where that whole idea came from. I think it means that I need more caffeine.
Anyways, since it’s Thursday it’s also time for Thankful Thursday, a lovely link-up party hosted by the ever-fabulous Jessie from Jessie Loves to Run.
This week I’m thankful for a random assortment of things:
* I’m really, really thankful that I’m finally feeling better after being sick over the weekend and early this week. There’s nothing like feeling awful to make you appreciate feeling normal!
* I went on a fabulous run this afternoon along the National Mall. The weather was sunny, dry, and in the upper 40s (perfect conditions for running), and I love seeing so many iconic DC sites like the Lincoln Memorial, the WWII Memorial, and the Reflecting Pool. There’s just something about that particular route that always makes me happy.
* While I was on said run, I happened to see a yellow butterfly. Now, this totally wouldn’t be a big deal in, say, the summertime. But in mid-December? That’s a phenomenon as rare as Tom Cruise’s moments of lucidity!
* I’m thankful for my beloved bedtime tea – to the good people at Celestial Seasonings, you’re my heroes.
* I had lunch this week with a former colleague and mentor who I just reconnected with, and it was wonderful. She’s an awesome person, and I’m really glad that we were able to reconnect and catch up. DC needs more people like her!
* I got an award at work a few months ago, and the award money has finally navigated its way through all the bureaucratic red tape. I ought to be seeing the moolah soon (thus saving me the embarrassment of repeatedly yelling “Show me the money!!” into a phone at work…wait, that’s unprofessional?!), and it’s just in time for our big move next month. Since a move is the perfect opportunity to get rid of the crappy old office furniture I bought when I first moved back to DC four years ago, I’ve been eyeballing some new stuff. I can neither confirm nor deny the allegation that I have everything picked out already. (But…ok, I totally do.)
|Want. Mama likey.|
* I’m especially thankful for my revelations about rest days — I’m feeling a lot better about skipping the occasional workout when circumstances warrant it.
Hope everyone has a fantastic Thursday – ahoy, mateys!