MIMM: Springtime Happiness

Good morning, everyone — is it just me, or did the weekend go by waaaaaay too quickly? (Granted, every weekend does this, and yet every Monday I’m stunned by how fast the weekend felt.)

However, some awesome stuff happened this weekend that has made Monday morning much more manageable. As a result, this week’s Marvelous In My Monday (with thanks to the lovely Katie from Healthy Diva Eats for hosting) post will be fairly epic.

What’s so marvelous, you ask? Weeeeelllll, let’s start with this:

It’s finally getting warm, and springtime is finally here!

Seriously, I was getting so. Effing. Tired. Of being cold all the time. There’s something refreshing about cold weather after a long, hot summer, and I enjoy it in December. By March and April, however, I’m very much over it. I want nothing to do with it. I want to put away my winter coat and bust out my flip-flops.

The weather gods had other plans for my wardrobe, however, and DC was graced with January/February-like temperatures throughout March and into April. Until now, that is — and let me tell you, there’s a major happy dance going on about this.

Since it’s now warm enough for the triumphant return of my beloved flip-flops, that means I obviously needed to prep my feet for their re-exposure to something other than a highly insulated, heavy shoe.

PediI’d been waiting for the return of flip-flop weather to get my first pedicure of the season, and I was getting spectacularly antsy. Yesterday, though, ushered in the weather I needed to finally get my feet done, and let me tell you — it was awesome. I was sublimely happy, and I love polish color I picked. (I’ve usually gone with pink or red, but I give credit to De from Cooking For The Other Half for the inspiration to go with lavender. Excellent idea, De!)

Adding to yesterday’s #winning motif was a particularly awesome find at Target: good almond-flavored coffee. I love, love, love nut-flavored coffees — I am, however, picky about them. As it turns out, this stuff is really hard to come by, and I’ve had to go on a wild goose chase to find brands that make decent hazelnut and almond flavored coffees. I’ve tried a bajillion different brands, but they’ve all been, well, frickin’ disgusting.

I was just reaching my wit’s end with this Odyssey-esque quest when I decided to go to Target. Lo and behold, they carry their own brand of it — it smelled good through the bag (yes, I totally did the creepy customer thing where I stuck my nose up to the bag and inhaled deeply), and it smelled awesome when I groggily stumbled towards my coffee machine this morning. Having now had two mugs of it, I can confirm that it has passed my taste test with flying colors.

CoffeeSeriously, I love Target so, so much. If I were Shakespeare, I’d write a love sonnet about all the ways I love that place. (Let’s ignore the vast difference between Elizabethan England and 21st century America. Willing suspension of disbelief, people. Roll with me on this.) It would include things like excellent coffee, really good pillows, the wide selection of cosmetics and beauty products, and a plethora of other amazingness.

As if all that weren’t enough, I woke up this morning, checked my email, and saw this:

Borat Twitter

BORAT IS FOLLOWING ME ON TWITTER. I can die happy now, people. This may or may not rank as one of my greatest achievements in life.

And now I’m off to the gym, where I’ll watch crappy rom-coms and try not to spend the rest of my day saying “VERY NIICE!” or “HIGH FIIVE!” πŸ™‚

Hope everyone has a lovely (very niice!) Monday!

17 thoughts on “MIMM: Springtime Happiness

1. Alex @ therunwithin April 8, 2013 / 3:23 pm

I am ready for shorts, like full on shorts and tshirt weather. come on sun!

2. cookingfortheotherhalf April 8, 2013 / 4:15 pm

Hahaha Borat. That is awesome.

I love the purple toenails and I too cannot wait for flip-flop weather.

• Lillian @ Seize the Latte April 9, 2013 / 9:50 am

Thank *you* for inspiring the purple nail polish! It was definitely an awesome idea, and you deserve all the credit for it. πŸ™‚

3. Em @ Love A Latte April 8, 2013 / 5:19 pm

Cute nail polish! I’m dying for warm weather… It still can’t decide if its winter here or not!

• Lillian @ Seize the Latte April 9, 2013 / 9:48 am

Oy, the “spring is here…JUST KIDDING!” motif is brutal — I feel your pain! Hopefully we’ll all get some real spring weather soon (and hopefully this time it’ll stick around). πŸ™‚

4. Linz April 8, 2013 / 6:59 pm

i painted my fingernails a very springtime pastel purple and i went on lots of walks this weekend because it was so gorgeous out!!

5. ahealthyhappyhome April 8, 2013 / 7:32 pm

We had a warm weather teaser but now it’s super windy and chilly. Ready for this weekend where we’ll be having upper 70’s low 80’s! Woo hoo!

• Lillian @ Seize the Latte April 9, 2013 / 9:45 am

Aren’t those warm weather teasers the worst?! I find that they make me unrealistically excited about the impending arrival of sustained warm weather, only to revert to cold grossness. Here’s to the long-term arrival of warmer weather this weekend! πŸ™‚

6. aftertheivyleague April 8, 2013 / 9:09 pm

Oh my god Borat is following you!! That’s amazing and hilarious. I am definitely searching for that almond flavored coffee..I love all Target products and I’ve never tried that before. Sounds really good! Love the nail polish too! I need to do the same..sandal weather is in the very-near future and my running-abused feet are nowhere near prepped for it! haha

• Lillian @ Seize the Latte April 9, 2013 / 9:41 am

The almond coffee is sublime — it even smells amazing, which helps with the “must get out of bed” motif in the mornings. I highly recommend it!

7. chasingchels April 8, 2013 / 11:44 pm

Very nice!!! Haha pretty sure this is my fav high 5 of the day πŸ™‚ flip flops and pedis, sunshine and borat?? Your week is off to the best start ever πŸ˜‰
    Happy monday love!

8. jessielovestorun April 9, 2013 / 2:25 am

Ha Ha Ha, Borat following you on twitter may be the greatest thing EVER! You should have tweeted your wedding back when it happened, you never know he may of been in attendance.

• Lillian @ Seize the Latte April 9, 2013 / 9:39 am

OMG, what a great idea – that would’ve been awesome! I thought about sending him a tweet with the link to the post about the Borat-themed wedding, and I’m still mulling it over — I’m worried that it might seem too self-promote-y. We shall see! πŸ™‚