Grown-Up Saturday Morning Cartoons: This Week’s Article Roundup

Great moments in brain fail: last night as I was falling asleep, I thought of a great way to start today’s post — but now I cannot for the life of me remember what it was. I mean, I remember that it was truly awesome and that I was all excited about it, but that’s it. My brain has purged any related memories from its records. Argh.

Oh well: the silver lining here is that the lack of an intro means that we can dive right into this week’s article round-up. 🙂 Enjoy, and have an awesome Saturday!

Health & Fitness:

NYT: How Exercise May Boost the Brain

NPR: Surprise! Organic Apples and Pears Aren’t Free of Antibiotics

HuffPo: The Best and Worst Foods for Allergies

NYT: Ask Well: Exercising Before Bedtime

Stress Relief & Life Management:

HuffPo: Be Here Now: 3 Exercises to Be More Present

MindBodyGreen: 5 Ways to Quiet Your Mind

Regret-Free Life: Smart Risk Management

Gender Issues:

NYT: How Shared Diaper Duty Could Stimulate  The Economy

A Practical Wedding: My Life is Good*

Slate: This Is Me Leaning In: Why Do Accomplished Women Lack Confidence?

NYT: School Vote Stirs Debate on Girls as Leaders

Humor & Warm Fuzzies:

Wedding Message From Afghanistan: Deployed Pilot Films Midair Speech for Brother’s Nuptials

HuffPo: Baby Covered in French Bulldogs Is Even Cuter Than It Sounds

BuzzFeed: 17 Shakespearean Insults to Unleash in Daily Life

6 thoughts on “Grown-Up Saturday Morning Cartoons: This Week’s Article Roundup

1. Alex @ therunwithin April 13, 2013 / 1:46 pm

baby covered in french bulldogs can’t not put a smile on your face. so adorable.

• Lillian @ Seize the Latte April 15, 2013 / 5:06 pm

Right?! I saw that and just about melted into a puddle of goo. Baby + puppies! It doesn’t get any better than that!

2. jessielovestorun April 15, 2013 / 2:48 am

Girl, i HATE when you have a brain fart. That sort of thing used to happen to be all the time, thankfully I’ve started keeping a notebook next to my bed for situations like that! =)

• Lillian @ Seize the Latte April 15, 2013 / 5:05 pm

Oh, what a good idea! I’m going to have to follow suit and stash a notebook by my bed — hopefully it’ll remedy the whole brain fart situation. 🙂

3. Sara @ Nourish and Flourish April 15, 2013 / 6:40 am

I can totally relate to the “I had a great idea for my blog post, but now it’s gone gone GONE” situation. It happens to me all the time, too, however I’ve started jotting things down in my phone “notepad,” the second something pops into my head, which has been a tremendous help.

Your article roundup is always my favorite in the blogosphere. I’m interested in learning more about before-bed exercise (not a good idea for me), but I’m most excited to read about how diaper duty could stimulate the economy! Who knew?!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend, and happy Monday! ❤

• Lillian @ Seize the Latte April 15, 2013 / 5:04 pm

Oh, yay! I’m so glad to know you like the article round-up! I try to find interesting ones, so it makes me really happy to know that other people find the same articles as fascinating as I do. 🙂 Have a fantastic Monday!