MIMM: Verklempt.

Y’all. I’m positively overcome by all your kind comments, emails, and messages in the wake of last week’s news. I’m verklempt!

Seriously, though, I feel so very, very lucky to have y’all as my bloggy-friends. I can’t even begin to tell you how much your kindness and support means to me — and how much it helps.

Thus, my dearies, that’s the crux of this week’s MIMM post (thanks, as always, to Katie over at Healthy Diva Eats for hosting!): my tremendous gratitude for you, my readers — and all the people who came out of the woodwork to support Brandon and me in the wake of our not-so-awesome news.

MiMM MIMM with just Some Marvelous Tidbits

First, your comments meant the world to me. I was bowled over by your kind words, support, and prayers, and I can’t put into words how much it helped. It makes me feel better — by leaps and bounds — and it made (and continues to make!) a huge difference. Thank you!

I spent the last few days cocooning in an effort to soothe my jangled nerves and saddened soul; this involved, of course, ice cream. Cold Stone dark chocolate ice cream with caramel and pecans? Yes, please. I’m pretty sure ice cream is one of  the most therapeutic substances known to the human race.

I’ve also been burrowing into a ton of books, since reading is tied with ice cream on my list of therapeutic activities. since my doctor thinks that my possible diagnosis is autoimmune related, I dove into some research on that very issue. That’s how this nerdy gal rolls, y’all. On Wednesday morning I hit up my neighborhood library and checked out a copy of The Autoimmune Epidemic, by Donna Jackson Nakazawa. I then proceeded to devour it. (It’s a good thing I don’t confuse books with ice cream, given my tendency to devour both. Ok, ok, that was horrible.) I read the whole thing in under 48 hours, and it’s a fantastic book — I learned a tremendous amount by reading it, so I’ll be delving into some of the really key points later this week. (Y’know, soooo…nerd alert.)

With all that being said, I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and a truly marvelous Monday!

11 thoughts on “MIMM: Verklempt.

1. Alex @ therunwithin June 10, 2013 / 9:03 pm

I love books that you can just eat up like that. sometimes ice cream soothe the soul like that.

2. cjoye7 June 10, 2013 / 9:06 pm

Ice cream and books make just about EVERYTHING better. XOXOX

3. Melissa June 10, 2013 / 9:22 pm

There’s nothing better than ice cream to soothe a wounded soul. I’m still thinking about you guys from over here on the west coast – and I can’t wait for the nerd post (raises nerd flag high and waves it triumphantly).

4. livliveslife June 10, 2013 / 9:52 pm

Please, nerd away! I would be right there with you reading up on everything, because I feel exactly the same way about reading – and information. And ice cream. The more the merrier.
    You’re still in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything keeps getting easier.

5. Nicole @ Work in Sweats Mama June 10, 2013 / 10:09 pm

Ice cream is the best therapy! And naps! And did you know the calories don’t count if it’s therapeutic ice cream?!

6. jessielovestorun June 10, 2013 / 11:22 pm

Ah, coldstone! I could eat their waffle cones/dishes w/o the ice cream! So good.

7. liveandbeawesome June 11, 2013 / 5:40 am

I’ve only just read your previous blog account – I’m so sorry to hear you’re dealing with this. I know this must be such a difficult time for both you and your husband. You’ll get through this!! ❤

8. Meredith June 11, 2013 / 6:38 am

Icecream therapy is one of a kind 😉 glad to hear you took some time out this weekend and did things you loved, you deserve it

9. Caitlin @ The Siren's Tale June 11, 2013 / 9:57 am

I’m so glad to see you back! You kept popping into my head throughout the week… so glad to hear you’re taking the time to mend your heart. And ice cream is the best way to start! 🙂

10. musingsoftheamusingmuse June 12, 2013 / 7:47 am

I’m glad that you’re taking action! I’ve just started to read about the Paleo Diet and how it seems to alleviate many autoimmune issues (Reynaud’s goes buh-bye??). While I am not diving in right away, reflection has shown that I DO eat somewhat “Paleo” already what with being gluten free and minimal dairy and soy. I am reading the science behind why it works and let me tell ya – Science rocks!!

I wish you success (and ice cream) with your endeavor! You’ll figure things out.