I’m Not Dead Yet

Soooo.

It’s been a week since I last posted, which, considering that I love y’all, is rather unlike me. I’ve been on the fence about whether or not to write about my continued medical misadventures — will they think it’s TMI? Will they hate me forever for talking about this stuff? Oh gaaaawwwwd! — but I figure that honesty is the best policy, so here goes nuthin’.

You may recall my earlier references to some epic, heinous lady troubles, as well as my (hopefully incorrect) potential diagnosis of premature ovarian failure. It turns out that my innards are having a veritable par-tay, as I also have a uterine fibroid that feels like it’s the size of Wisconsin. It may have torn into a blood vessel, which is why things have been very, very gnarly on the lady-troubles front.

At least once a day, if not more, I get a wave of cramps and, shall we say, “associated events” (now that’s a polite euphemism if I’ve ever used one) that leave me like this:

All this nonsense comes and goes, so sometimes I’m all kinds of happy to be pain-free, productive, and normal!

image

And then suddenly this happens:

All this means that I have to fit in normal life — cooking, talking with Brandon, calling my parents to let them know I’m not dead, and y’know, the wee task known as my job — during the windows of time when I’m actually a functional human being.

This, as you can imagine, hasn’t left much time for blogging. (Or, um, anything outside the bare necessities of life.)

So, that’s the bad news.

The good news is that I’m getting surgery a week from today to remove the offending fibroid. Exactly one week from now, I’ll be on the road to recovery — a road which, I’m told, is actually fairly short and sweet. Two weeks from now, I’ll hopefully be back in my routine of working out (a no-no for now, since it really aggravates things), blogging, and general normalcy.

And, speaking of general normalcy, I’ve never wished for my normal routine more than I do now. There’s nothing like even a relatively minor wrench being thrown into your life to make you crave normalcy and routine. I miss the gym, I miss yoga, and I miss being able to do my usual schtick.

So, hopefully, I’ll be back to my old self soon enough. Until then, I’ll probably be posting more sporadically than usual, but I promise that I’m not dead and that I’ll start posting more regularly once the surgery is over. In the meantime, maybe I’ll try the Black Knight’s approach:

image

image

21 thoughts on “I’m Not Dead Yet

1. cjoye7 June 25, 2013 / 9:33 pm

You’ve been in my thoughts constantly Lill. So glad the doctors figured out what was going on and fingers crossed the surgery takes care of the problem!! Sending lots of love, froyo, and wishes for a speedy recovery your way!!!! xoxox

2. musingsoftheamusingmuse June 25, 2013 / 9:53 pm

Oh my Dearest Lillian! Firstly – Monty Python!!! *LOVE* Nextly – YOU get better. You’ve officially been admitted to my “Blog Fam-bi-ly”. Sorry, you’re stuck with me.

We are the Knights who say, “Nee!”

3. Melissa June 25, 2013 / 10:27 pm

Tis just a flesh wound!

But actually, I’m so glad to hear you’re still alive, though not completely well yet. I for one miss you terribly, but seriously, you take all the time you need. That’s what’s important! I’m sending you so many good thoughts and I’ll keep my fingers crossed!

4. Jorie June 25, 2013 / 10:29 pm

Oh my goodness, feel better, Lillian! I’m so sorry you’re going through this. Rest up and do what you need to do to get healthy. We’ll all still be here when you’re fully recovered and feeling like yourself once again 🙂

5. jessielovestorun June 25, 2013 / 11:28 pm

It makes me so happy to hear that there is something they can do to fix your trouble & give you some pain relief. I know your surgery isn’t for another week, but girl my prayers are already with you ❤

6. Meredith June 26, 2013 / 1:23 am

Sending you positive thoughts and a big hug! Thinking of you, keep resting an f feel better hun

7. liveandbeawesome June 26, 2013 / 6:59 am

Hang in there, girl! Disruption to routine can really throw me off too, even without a health issue. Good luck with the surgery! ❤

8. Dana June 26, 2013 / 7:46 am

Hope you feel better fast! Thinking of you surgery day!! Glad something’s being done with it now!

9. chasingchels June 26, 2013 / 7:47 am

If you didn’t post today, you were getting an email from me during naptime asking if you were ok! I’m glad to hear from you but so incredibly sorry for why we haven’t for a week. I’m glad that the doctors figured out what was going on and that they’re able to fix it fairly easily, though. Sending lots of good thoughts and love your way, Lillian.
    If you need anything please don’t hesitate to ask

10. Nicole @ Work in Sweats Mama June 26, 2013 / 7:58 am

Best wishes for a safe surgery and smooth, speedy recovery! Your entire blogging family is sending lots of thoughts, hugs and love your way!

11. thepaceofitall June 26, 2013 / 11:45 am

Thanks for checking in and I hope the surgery goes great, that you recover fast and you can get back to everything that you’re missing out on!

12. Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness June 26, 2013 / 12:12 pm

Yayy you’re back!! I hope all goes well with the surgery, and you’re back to normalcy really soon! its true, there’s nothing like a bit of disruption to make you appreciate the everyday things that are so easy to take for granted until you no longer have them. btw, you nailed it with the gifs in this post- ferris bueller, arrested development, and monty python?!? love it, love it, love it 🙂

13. Alex @ therunwithin June 26, 2013 / 5:13 pm

oh gosh I will be thinking of you! wish I could do something to help. You always know where to find me

14. livliveslife June 26, 2013 / 7:06 pm

Geez, you poor thing! I hope everything goes well and gets easier for you very, very soon! You’re in my thoughts and prayers!

15. aftertheivyleague June 26, 2013 / 8:50 pm

Oh no! This sounds awful 😦 At least they know what’s going on though, and I hope the surgery goes well! Don’t worry about blogging duties in the mean time, isn’t it crazy how unimportant it all becomes when something actually important is going on? I hope you feel better!

16. Caitlyn June 27, 2013 / 9:06 am

Wow! I’ll be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way!! Hope surgery and recovery goes as smooth as can be.

17. Caitlin @ The Siren's Tale June 27, 2013 / 3:51 pm

You’ve been in my thoughts! It was so nice to hop online and see an update from you. Sending lots of positive energy your way!

18. megbek June 28, 2013 / 11:18 am

I have missed you so much! I was thinking about sending you an email if I didn’t see a post soon! 🙂 I’m glad to hear that you’re going to be getting surgery to help the problem, I look forward to hearing about a successful process. 🙂 You’re super strong and brave and I adore you. I know you’ll power through this. 🙂 Good luck, beautiful Lillian!