{Currently…}

Good morning, y’all! Hopefully your Thursday is off to a good start, or at least a tolerable start. πŸ˜‰

I haven’t done a Currently post in a while, so I figured I’d hop back on that bandwagon. So, without further ado, a list of current goings-on:

Currently…

…In heavy rotation on my iPhone:

Radioactive, The Other Side, My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark, and Come and Get It (I know I should be totally ashamed by the fact that I find a Selena Gomez song so effin’ catchy, but really, that ish is pretty awesome).

…Awaiting with baited breath:

The arrival of the royal baby. Much like the Selena Gomez situation, I know I shouldn’t care about stuff like this — but whatevs, I kind of adore Wills and Kate. Add to that the fact that I’m a total Anlgophile, aaaaand…royal baby obsession it is! Also: please be a girl, wee regal fetus.

Tabloids can pretty much never be trusted, so who knows whether this is actually true or a pile o’ BS.

…Reading:

Mind Over Medicine by Dr. Lissa Rankin, and I’m loving every second of it. This is an amazing book, and I can’t recommend it highly enough! (I’ll do a separate and more detailed post on this awesome tome once I’ve finished it, just because it’d be kinda ridiculous to do a full post on something I’m 40% of the way through.)

…Craving:

A yoga session followed by a big green smoothie, grilled chicken with avocados, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (WHY OH WHY did I take them to work?!), and as much summer fruit (nectarines, cherries, grapes, berries, etc.) as I can consume.

…Excited About:

The fact that my one week of post-op rest is finally up, and I seem to finally be recovering from the epic glutening earlier in the week — which means I can start being active again! I’m going to take it easy today with some yoga, and tomorrow I’ll return to the gym (during which time I’ll shamelessly catch up on Scandal).

I’m also seriously, insanely excited about our impending vacacation to Colorado later this month. I haven’t been home in over 18 months, and I’m craving Colorado time like woah. I can’t wait to see my parents and my brother, hang out with old friends, visit extended family who I haven’t seen since the wedding, hike like a madwoman, eat my weight in gluten-free goodies that haven’t yet made their way out East, breathe mountain air, and celebrate our anniversary with a trip to Elway’s and a hike around the Flatirons.

…Watching:

Our DVR has gotten surprisingly sparse lately, which is really saying something considering how many shows we have set to record. We’re all caught up on North America — as a tangent, I’d like to note that a show prominently showcasing the West is slightly problematic for someone like me, who happens to be desperately homesick for that part of the country — and are now on a rampage through the original seasons of Arrested Development. Second tangent: that show is amazeballs. I know I’ve said that before, but it bears repeating.

So, that’s a wrap! I hope y’all have an awesome day — here’s to it being almost Friday (why, oh why, must every weekday basically just be a countdown to the weekend?)!

What are you up to lately?

What are you looking forward to the most?

What are you listening to/watching while at the gym?

15 thoughts on “{Currently…}

1. jessielovestorun July 11, 2013 / 7:28 am

Ah! WAit until you see the finale of Scandal!! #amazing!!!

2. Robin July 11, 2013 / 8:01 am

love this idea of “currently” haven’t see you do that before. love Arrested Dev. too, and made it through the originals a few months ago…enjoy!

3. Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness July 11, 2013 / 8:54 am

I am SO EXCITED for the royal baby! and i also love that selena gomez song. and omg the season finale of Scandal was freaking wow. i cant wait for next season!! basically everything in this post made me make a mental note to mention it in the comments. in terms of what im looking forward to, well, i am looking forward to landing a new job. my company is closing in september, so knowing where my next paycheck is coming from would be a big relief.

4. Jorie July 11, 2013 / 9:40 am

I just adore Colorado! I always say if I was going to live anywhere else in the country, that’s where I’d want it to be. It’s a seriously beautiful, laidback place. I can’t wait to see photos and hear stories from your trip in a few weeks! (Or is it months?)

5. Nicole @ Work in Sweats Mama July 11, 2013 / 10:41 am

Another vote from the Selena Gomez song. Don’t wanna like it, but can’t help but sing along when it comes on the radio. My daughter loves it too, and there’s nothing cuter than listening to her sing along to pop songs. Some of her other favorites – Moves like Jagger & Rumor Has It. Yep, Mother of the Year right here for introducing my daughter to some questionable lyrics! So excited for your trip to Colorado! And every time I watch North America or any other documentary on national parks, it makes me want to pick up and move west!

6. livliveslife July 11, 2013 / 10:51 am

You and I both – I am in love with Kate and William and anything British. I’m so excited to hear more about the baby! I heard that they don’t even know what the sex of the baby is, so I haven’t been trusting any tabloids, either.
    Our cravings are exactly the same. I never feel like I could have enough yoga. Or cookies, for that matter…
    I hope you’re having a great week!

7. chasingchels July 11, 2013 / 11:26 am

Um our current tunage is exactly the same πŸ˜€ I love Radioactive and My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark…both get blasted in my car 24/7 much to the greeeeeeeeat love of anyone riding with me πŸ˜› And I’m incredibly jealous of your upcoming vacation since I’ve never been out west before…can I come in your suitcase?? I think I can squeeze myself into a tiny pretzel (HA probably not) to fit πŸ˜›

8. Alex @ therunwithin July 11, 2013 / 12:43 pm

I am dealing with being glutening right and in a boat of pain at work. I feel you girl I feel you. some great songs you have going. really great ones.

9. cookingfortheotherhalf July 11, 2013 / 2:20 pm

I like this post a lot! πŸ™‚

And I also sort of crave oatmeal cookies now. Thanks. πŸ˜‰

At the gym, I usually listen to a ‘current hits’ pandora station. In almost all other instances, I prefer indie/rock music but there’s nothing like a good pop or hip-hop song while working out!

10. Caitlyn July 11, 2013 / 2:48 pm

I am so excited for royal baby. And YES! the little one reallllllllly needs to be a girl. I’m a little creeped about by features like “Meet The Doctor Who Will Deliver Kate’s Baby” and “5 Things You Didn’t Know About the Doctor Who Will Get First Glance at Royal Baby!” though. I am obsessed with Will and Kate, but even I think that’s a little much.

11. MegBek July 11, 2013 / 3:06 pm

Summer fruit is definitely on my to do list. I have been skipping out because I’ve been on a veggies kick but I just bought some perfectly ripe peaches and was reminded of their deliciousness!! πŸ™‚ Aw, yay for getting ready for going home to CO.
    Glad you’re able to get back to the gym after your fiasco. You’re a rock star lady!

12. cjoye7 July 11, 2013 / 11:18 pm

Have you seen the trailer for Austenland? Is it really bad that I would love to go? πŸ˜‰ Actually, I just want that cardboard cutout of Mr. Darcy in my living room.

13. Sara @ Nourish and Flourish July 15, 2013 / 1:38 am

Reason #463278 we *have* to meet for a coffee date once I’m back in DC: a shared excitement (err, unhealthy obsession?) over the royal baby. I too am crossing my fingers for a girl, and reeeeally hope they name her Diana. However I’m not so sure that would jive well with the queen, if ya know what I mean. I’ll be happy as long as they don’t name her/him Elizabeth or Charles. πŸ˜‰ Just imagine, we can sip cappuccinos and fawn over tabloid pictures of the little prince or princess swaddled in $1000+ clothing. Sound like a plan? πŸ˜‰ Once we’ve gotten that out of our system, we can chit chat about how the west really is best, and ask ourselves what the heck we’re doing living on the east coast. I mean, seriously. I completely relate to your homesickness, and know that I’ll be missing the fresh mountain air like crazy once I’m back next week. I’m so glad you get to spend some QT with your family in a few weeks – you definitely deserve the break and relaxation time!

Speaking of, I’m so out of the loop about how you’re doing health-wise, but it sounds like things have been slowly improving, which makes my heart happy. I’m sorry I wasn’t here to support you through the surgery (I’ve been completely MIA in the blog world this past month), but I’m praying for healing and a speedy recovery. ❀ ❀ Sending huge hugs your way! xoxo

14. Caitlin @ The Siren's Tale July 24, 2013 / 3:46 pm

Just wanted to drop by and say I hope all is well. Miss seeing your updates, and hoping you’re doing good!